Books, Articles, Course Reserves & More
- Book Purchase Request: WSU Libraries welcomes your recommendation to purchase a book, journal, electronic resource, video or other items. The appropriate Liaison Librarian will review this request. Items are selected for purchase according to the WSU libraries collection development policies. Fill out the Purchase Request Form to submit a recommendation.
- Book Return: Materials may be returned directly to staff members at the Circulation Desk or by mail. Ablah Library provides several book drops: in front of the Circulation Desk, one in the northwest vestibule near the 24 Hour Study Room, and one outdoor drop located on the east side of the library. There is also a book drop at WSU South.
- Book Transfer: WSU students taking courses at the WSU South are eligible to have library books transferred from Ablah Library to the closest satellite facility for their convenience. Call Circulation Desk for details.
- Course Reserves: Course Reserve contains materials in high demand, generally those needed for class assignments. These materials are placed in Reserve on a temporary basis by instructors for courses being taught that semester. Search Course Reserves (print only) using the online catalog. Electronic Course Reserves are embedded in your Blackboard Course. WSU Faculty and instructors can request items be placed on reserve. Instructions for placing items on reserve can be found on the Course and Electronic Reserve WSU Instructor Homepage.
- Holds and Recalls: Holds and recalls can be placed on items that are currently checked out. Items ready to be picked up are available at the Ablah Library Circulation Desk. Instructions for placing a hold or recall can be found on the Holds and Recalls webpage.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL): Using Tipasa (the world's first cloud-based Interlibrary Loan management system) you can submit a request to borrow materials from other libraries. Go to the Interlibrary Loan Homepage to request materials. You can pick up your requested items at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of Ablah Library.
- Renew Your Items: Library items can be renewed online, in person, by telephone, mail or email. Not all items are eligible for renewal. Detailed renewal instructions and contact information are on the Circulation Renewals page. Online renewal is available using your WSU Library account. For Interlibrary Loan items, renewals must be requested via your ILL account.
- Special Collections: Special Collections' materials are available for on-site use only. Information about many of the collections is available on the WSU Libraries online catalog. Information about other collections is available through finding aids. Some materials also are available in digital formats. Special Collections Homepage
- Textbook Collection: The textbook collection was started through a gift from Mrs. Marge Page, a longtime supporter of the Wichita State University Libraries. Use the library's online catalog to search for textbooks. Staff at the University Libraries' Help Desk and Circulation Desks can assist with searches and questions.