SOAR services include submission WSU authors' works by SOAR staff (mediated submission). However, the system was build for authors to submit themselves, so you can self-submit if you wish.
1. Register in SOAR (right menu: My Account -- click Register -- "New user registration" screen opens -- enter your email address and click button "Register". The system will send you a token verification link.
2. Login to your email, find email from SOAR and go back to SOAR by clicking on the provided token. Create your profile, add password and finish registration. Now you can login in SOAR with your email and password. (right menu: My Account -- Login).
Registration provides you the right to subscribe to collection(s). When new title(s) are added to the collection(s) use subscribe, the system will send you an email.
Registration in SOAR does not provide you with submission rights! Faculty invited to contact Dr. Susan Matveyeva, Institutional Repository Librarian to request submission rights. Students need to have faculty recommendations to submit in SOAR.
SOAR builds workflows around several basic roles:
- submit items to the collection, e.g. authors, or their representatives
item includes the work (file(s) and metadata (data about the work, e.g. author name, title of the work, date, abstract)
- decide who can submit items to the collection, edit item metadata (after submission), and add (map) existing items from other collections to this collection (subject to authorization for that collection). Collection administrators, e.g. journal editors, may reject submission, e.g. return it to the author for revision
- assign rights to collection administrators and submitters; edit metadata, may complete submission and create metadata on behalf of content authors, editors, and collection administrators
Librarians do not edit / revise contents. The works (electronic files) should be submitted image ready.