- Access to Online Resources
- Online Catalog
- Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery
- Book Transfer Service and Off-Campus Book Return
- Off-Campus Research Help
Access to Online Resources
WSU Libraries has a large selection of online databases that contain citations and full text documents of journal articles.
- See a list of online databases sorted alphabetically
- See our Electronic Resources guide for more information
Access to most of these databases is restricted to WSU students, faculty, and staff. When you use the Libraries' online databases from an off-campus location, a login screen will automatically appear when you first click the link to your selected database.
This login screen will ask you to enter:
- Your MyWSU ID number
- Your MyWSU password (click here if you have forgotten your password)
Due to licensing restrictions, off-campus access is not available for some databases.
Use the SmartSearch tool here: http://proxy.wichita.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=eds
The Libraries' Online Catalog is available here: http://libcat.wichita.edu
The Online Catalog contains thousands of links to online resources, such as access to online journals, e-Books, and online Government resources, as well as records for items located in the library.
To limit the catalog to search for only online items you can access from home:
- Click on the Add Filter drop down box
- Select Electronic Resources
- Enter your search terms
- Many other e-Books can be accessed through the e-Book Resources guide
If the WSU Libraries does not own an item you need we can request that item from another library through Interlibrary Loan. You can send an Interlibrary Loan request through the ILLiad system.
Copies of Material
Journal articles, book chapters, and anything else that can be copied from the original will usually be delivered to you electronically. Items that cannot be delivered electronically will be mailed to your address.
Loans of Material
Books, audiovisial material, and other items that cannot be copied must be picked up from the Circulation Desk in Ablah Library. If you do not live within driving distance of WSU you can try requesting items through your local public library. Most public libraries do offer Interlibrary Loan services.
Book Transfer Service and Off-Campus Book Return
Book Transfer Service
Certain library materials can be transferred from Ablah Library on the main campus to either the South or West satellite campus locations. For information on how to request that a book be transferred, please look at Book Transfer-Satellite Campuses.
There are three off-campus options for returning library materials:
- You can return items at the WSU West Campus at 3801 N. Walker Avenue, Maize, KS 67101
- You can return items at the WSU South Campus at 200 W. Greenway, Suite 15a, Derby, KS 67037
- You can mail items back to us at: Wichita State University, Ablah Library - Circulation, 1845 N. Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260-0068
Off-Campus Research Help
Research Help is available from the Ablah Library Reference Desk. There are three ways to obtain help from the Reference Desk remotely:
- Chat with a librarian using the chat box on the left-hand side of this screen (during regular Reference Desk hours)
- Call a librarian at (316)978-3584 (during regular Reference Desk hours)
- Email a librarian using this form
Online research guides by subject area are also available here: http://libresources.wichita.edu/
A full list of librarians by subject specialty, and their contact information, is available here: http://libresources.wichita.edu/subjectlibrarians