Items eligible for renewal according to the Circulation policy may be renewed several ways.
By Surface Mail or E-Mail
ONLINE BOOK RENEWAL
Go to the WSU Libraries Online Catalog.
1. Click on the yellow "My Account" button on the top of the page.
2. Type in your MyWSU number in the box provided (Community Users must select the 16-digit Shocker Card number option from the dropdown menu).
3. Tab down to or click the next box and type your last name.
4. Click on the "Login" button. Your library record should appear.
5. Scroll down to the "Charged Items" section. There should be a list of the books you have checked out.
6. Underneath the heading "Renew?" click on the box next to each item you want to renew. A check mark will appear in the box.
7. When you are finished selecting your items, click on the "Renew Items" button below the list.
Once the renewal is complete, scroll down to the "Charged Items" section to see the new due date. Check under the heading "Renewal Status" to verify that your items have been renewed. You may write the new due date on the date due slip inside the book if you wish. If the renewal failed, it will state "Not Renewed." Please call the Circulation Desk at (316)978-3582 if this occurs or if you have any questions about renewing your books.
1. The patron must bring a valid WSU library card to the Circulation Desk. (You do not need to bring the items.).
2. Items may be renewed if they are not on hold and if the patron has not not exceeded his or her renewal limit..
3. Eligible items will be renewed for the appropriate renewal period (usually one month).
Telephone renewals are available for general circulating books and bound periodicals (not available for Reserve items or Leisure Reading Collection books).
1. Call (316) 978-3582. This number will be answered by a staff member or by voice mail..
2. Have your books and a pencil handy.
3. Indicate that you wish to renew your books.
4. State your name and the last 8 digits of your Shocker Card number or your myWSU ID number. If you are using voice mail, please also state your home phone number..
5. Give the library identification number for each book..
6. The staff member will give you the new due date. (If using voice mail, a staff member will call you back with the new due date.) If an item submitted is ineligible for renewal, patrons will be responsible for any overdue or recall charges that accrue.
MAIL OR E-MAIL RENEWALS
1. Provide your name, Shocker Card number or myWSU ID number, and phone number.
2. The return and new due date will be based on the renewal request's time stamp or postmark.
3. If an item submitted is ineligible for renewal, patrons will be responsible for any overdue or recall charges that accrue.
4. E-Mail requests to:
5. Mail requests to:
Wichita State University
1845 Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260-0068
Books placed on hold or recall by another patron may not be renewed.
Books that have already been renewed twice may not be renewed.
Single-issue periodicals may not be renewed.
Circulation Home Page